Wednesday 3 September 2014

Day 8. Chester To Preston 62 miles.

Another good day, and quite interesting. Started with a wizz up the Wirral to catch the Mersey Ferry. I didn't fancy being killed in a tunnel (which have restrictions anyway) and the ferry seemed a nice thing to use.

Through and out of Liverpool on the canal was easy going and well surfaced. The bits of industrial decay made an interesting change from the greenery I'd now become so used to.

Then up to Southport along the Trans Pennine Trail 'Cheshire Lines' railpath. Having cycled this bit before I knew I'd enjoy it. A quick stop for a bite along the popular seafront there before the final push to Preston, which dragged a bit.

As for me, body is holding up very well. No sadle sores or bruises yet. A few minor cuts from brambles though! The mind has settled in a bit and I think all is ok to continue. 

Day 8 map, stats and gradients.

No comments:

Post a Comment