Saturday 13 September 2014

Some Thoughts

Had a realisation yesterday afternoon that if for whatever reason a problem prevented me completing the last day of this journey, I wouldn't be that devastated. Yes it would be a big frustration. But I feel the good stuff would be behind me, not just ahead at some sign and gift shop. This proves I've gotten what I wanted from this, for it to be about the journey and not just for the sake of just reaching John O Groats.

Yes Jog is a real big part of it, but that's just the end bit to me. Some rush through this thing and leave little room for what comes between A and B, though I understand they may not have as much time. 

I've diverted slightly to so many things not because I had to but because I wanted to. Camel Trail, Severn Crossing, Mersey Ferry, Southport Seafront, Morcombe Bay, Kirkstone Pass, and so on. All unnecessary but quirky additions I enjoyed. 

I think I could have done it quicker and easier, but that wouldn't be the trip for me. For some my trip would not be what they'd like. But so long as they enjoytheirs too. Here's to the next day or so and all the days until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment